Finnish Orienteering Federation is looking for
HEAD COACH FOR ORIENTEERING
Finnish Orienteering Federation is looking for a new head coach. A vacancy should start preferable in September or November. A contract will be for two years, but the length can be negotiated.
The head coach is responsible for the success of national team and a development of coaching. The main duties are the following:
- Coaching of national team,
- Managing of coaching and service team of national team,
- Selection of runners for national team and international events together with other selection team,
- Development and supporting of coaching activities of orienteering clubs,
- Take part to organizing camps and travel arrangements.
The head coach will do his work in a close co-operation with athletes, coaches, clubs, Federations’ other staff, sport academies and media.
The head coach is expected to have a successful previous experience with high level orienteering and endurance sport. The head coach is expected to have good co-operation and interaction skills with different stakeholders. The job needs good language skills and flexible time using. Coaching education will be an asset.
We are expecting to get applications with proposal for a salary by the 20th of Augusty 2019 by email to: mika.ilomaki (at) suunnistusliitto.fi. Interviews will be done during August.
Managing Director Mika Ilomäki is responsible for inquiries, tel: +358-45-77310310 or mika.ilomaki (at) suunnistusliitto.fi.